CURRICULUM VITAE : NINA B. MASLOVA
(written by N. Maslova before her death on November 18, 1993)
1. Vital Statistics
Born 30 May 1939, USSR
Professor in Mathematical Physics, University of St.Petersburg, Faculty
of Physics, Department of Nathematical Physics.
Main Researcher in the Spb.Branch of the Institute of Oceanology, Russian
Academy of Sciences.
1983 Doctor of Physic-Mathematic Science, Boundary value problem for the
Boltzman equation, Institute of Applied Math. of the USSR Academy of Sciences,
1966 Ph.D. (Candidate Degree), Relativistic treatment of some principial
issues in rarefied gas dynamics, University of Leningrad.
1965 Hydrodynamics, Postgraduate, University of Leningrad.
1956-1962 University of Leningrad, Math.-Mech. Faculty
3. Professional Employment
1993 Professor in Mathematical Physics, University of St.Petersburg.
1991-1993 Main Researcher in the Spb.Branch of the Institute of Oceanology,
Russian Academy of Sciences, the department of numerical experiments in
the ocean dynamycs. University of St.Petersburg.
1993, 19.04-19.07 Visiting professor in Chalmers University of Technology
and University of Goteborg
1991-1992 Visiting professor in Mathematical Physics, University of
1981-1991 Leading Researcher in the Spb.Branch of the Institute of
Oceanology, Russian Academy of Sciences, the department of numerical experiments
in the ocean dynamycs.
1971-1981 Professor in Fluid Dynamics, University of Leningrad.
1966-1971 Professor in Mathematical Analysis, University of Leningrad.
4. Professional Affiliations, Honor and Awards
St.Petersburg Math.Society, Member.
Seminar in Mathematical Physics of Steklov Math.Inst.
State USSR Prize, 1989, for: "Mathematical methods of investigation
of the Boltzmann equation"; collaborators: Arsenyev, A.A., Bobylev, A.V.,
5. Some Recent Publications:
1. Nonlinear Evolution Equations. Kinetic Approach. Series in Mathematics
for Applied Sciences, 1993, vol.10, World Scientific P.Co.
2. Kinetic Approximations of Hydrodynamic equations. Algebra i Analis,
vol.4, 1992, 6,. p. 157-188.
3. Statistical solutions of the Euler equation. Problemy mat. analisa,
1990, v.11, p.26-36.
4. Mathematical Methods of investigation of the Boltzman equation.
Algebra i analis, 1991, 1, p.1-50.
5. Multiple equilibra of the thermohaline circulation in a ventilated
ocean model. Ocean Modelling, 90, 1990, p.9-12. (Co-author - Kagan B.A.)
6. Auto-oscillations of the ocean thermohaline circulation. Dokl.Akad.
Nauk SSSR, 309, 36, 1989, p. 710-715. (Co-authors - Kagan B.A., Sept, V.V.)
7. Tidal evolution of the Earth-Moon system with random perturbations
of the ocean resonance frequency. Astronom. vestnik, 22, 3, 1988, p. 240-251.
(Co-author - Kagan B.A.)
8. Non-uniqueness of the thermohaline circulation in a three-layer
ventilated ocean. Fluid Dyn.Res., 1991, v.8, p.287-295. (Co-author - Kagan
9. Application of the averaging method to solution of the nonstationary
ocean hydrothemodynamic equatios. Ocean Modelling, 98, p.9-11. (Co-authors
- Gorchakov, V.A. and Ryabchenko V.A.)
6. Manuscripts submitted for Publication:
1. Regularity of the statistical solutions of transport equation.
2. Non-uniqueness of the thermohaline circulation in a three-layer
ventilated ocean. (Co-author - Kagan B.A.)
3. Discontinous autooscillations of the ocean thermohaline circulation:
7. Other Professional Activity.
Prof. O.A.Ladyzhenskaya Seminar "Nonlinear differential equations", conferences
and workshops in the USSR on Partial Differential Equations, Dynamics of
Rarefied Gases, Geophysiscs.